- Council and democracy
The Community Coaches project
The Community Coaches project matched families and individuals with a team of volunteers to help them develop life skills to ensure they are less reliant on public services. The project was delivered by an external provider, Home Start Barnet.
- reducing the costs associated with people being at risk of eviction
- longer term financial benefits through reducing the burden on public services in Barnet, by encouraging more stable lifestyles and reducing truancy, anti-social behaviour and homelessness.
- families and individuals have shown a 46% reduction in use of public services following support from Community Coaches volunteers
- in addition to financial savings, other non-financial benefits are being realised, such as a 60% reduction in behaviour that is harmful to others, which improves community safety in the borough.
- First Contact
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0870 889 7458