Joint Legal Service (HB Public Law)
- Council and democracy
The legal service project resulted in Barnet running a joint legal service with the London Borough of Harrow, known as HB Public Law.
The shared service is operated by Harrow and provides legal advice to both Harrow and Barnet councils.
- savings on accommodation costs and management costs
- less work needing to be sent to external legal firms
- raising income from additional sources, through any excess capacity within HB Public Law being sold to other organisations.
- an improved quality of service through access to a greater range of skills and expertise.
How decisions were made
- First Contact
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0870 889 7458