Council Tax Support
- Council tax and benefits
You may be eligible to reduce your Council Tax bill by up to 100% if you’re on a low income or claim benefits.
You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.
What you get depends on:
- your circumstances, for example income, number of children, benefits, residency status
- your household income - this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
- if your children live with you
- if other adults live with you
Council Tax Support (sometimes called Council Tax Reduction) replaced Council Tax Benefit in April 2013. You can download a copy of our current Council Tax Support scheme below.
How to apply for Council Tax Support
- Benefit Services
London Borough of Barnet, PO Box 2015, Pershore, WR10 9BG
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org