Grants and funding
- Council tax and benefits
Grants and funding in Barnet 2017/2018
There are a number of grant funding streams available in the London Borough of Barnet both to the voluntary and community sector, and to individuals. The following links set out the main grant processes in more detail
Grants available to organisations
- Corporate Grants - the 2017/18 Corporate Grants Programme offers grants to help either set up a new project or activity in Barnet in response to identified needs; or with specific events, purchases or other non-recurring items of expenditure. These grants are only available to the to the voluntary and community sector.
Grants available to individuals
- Barnet Crisis Fund - can help people who need extra help in an emergency or help to support or maintain themselves in the community following a stay in hospital or prison
- Big London Energy Switch - a collective energy switching scheme run by a number of councils in London, which taps into consumer power to help negotiate a better deal on gas and electricity
- Warm and Healthy Homes Grant - a new grant scheme to provide heating, insulation and other energy efficiency measures to residents most at risk of fuel poverty and cold related illness
- Disabled Facilities Grant - if you need a major adaptation to your home, because you or your child are disabled, you may be able to get a Disabled Facilities Grant (sometimes just called a DFG) to help meet the cost
- Mayor’s Benevolent Fund - if you are in financial need, the Mayor's Benevolent Fund can offer you a small one-off grant under certain conditions
- Barnet Care and Repair - work with older people and disabled people of all ages in the Barnet area, helping them to live independently and safely in their own homes
- Keep Warm and Well Scheme - Barnet Council is running a scheme to help vulnerable or elderly people to keep themselves warm and healthy during the winter.