About the Development Pipeline
The council owns land and buildings across the borough that could be used to provide more housing where these are surplus to requirements and has embarked on a programme of developing these sites itself. This will ensure new high quality homes are delivered to meet local housing need.
The uplift in land values generated by development will be captured for the benefit of the council so that it can be used to provide more new homes and help address the budget pressures faced by the authority.
Over the past four years the Development Pipeline has been working towards:
- Building new mixed tenure homes, with the affordable homes funded by private sales plus an overall profit for the council
- Building of new homes for affordable rent on existing council land
- Improving housing for older people and vulnerable people, building extra care schemes and wheelchair accessible units with a view to reducing demand for care
- Developing private housing for rent
- Acquisition of housing for affordable rent and temporary accommodation
Work is due to be completed early 2019 on Ansell Court (previously known as Moreton Close) with provision of 53 self-contained one and two bedroom apartments to offer independent living for older residents for as long as possible, additional care and support will be available if required.
- The next phase to be developed by Barnet Homes are due for completion in 2018, with 13 new homes at Elmshurst Crescent, due for completion at the end of August and 14 new homes at Basing Way Garages by the end of November 2018
- Regeneration Service
- Barnet House
1255 High Road
Whetstone London N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 7248
- Email: email@example.com