Loading, please wait

Oak Hill Park

Image
/citizen-portal/migrated/images/LeisAndCult_20050714_006.jpg
Description
Oak Hill Park
Address
Parkside Gardens
Town
East Barnet
Postal Code
EN4
Transport access
Buses 184, 307,382 & 125
History
The valley of Pymmes Brook used to be famed for its oak trees. These oaks were used in the building of St Albans Abbey. For many centuries the land was under the control of the abbey as part of Hertfordshire. The descendants of those trees survive in Oak Hill Woods. In 1536 the church lands were sold and large estates were created, one of which became Oak Hill Theological College. The Baring family owned the area from the 1860s till 1928 when in 1930 it was sold to East Barnet Council. The park was opened to the public in 1933 and has been maintained for local use and enjoyment since this time.
Facilities
The following facilities are available:
Bowls
Bowls
Cricket
Cricket
Events in Parks
Suitable for Small, Medium, Large Events and Fun Fairs
Football
Football Snr (11-a-side)
Gardens
Gardens
Multi Sport Courts
Multi Sports Court
Parking
Car park
Play areas
Play Area Toddler (2- 6 years)
Play areas
Play Area Junior (5-10 years)
Play areas
Play Area Senior (7 -14 years)
Refreshments
Cafe
Tennis
Tennis - Book via the Cafe
Water feature
Water feature
Wildlife
Wildlife Interest
Other facilities
Outdoor Gym

Rate this page