Loading, please wait

Rodents and insects pest control

Tenants should keep their homes clean and in a way which would not encourage pests to infest their home. Good practices of cleanly behaviours are normally written into tenancies.

However, if an infestation is to occur under reasonable circumstances, it is the landlords responsibility. If you notice any pests in your home you should first inform your landlord to resolve the issue.

If your landlord is not being responsive you should then contact the Environmental Health Service on telephone 020 8359 7995 or email housingconditions@barnet.gov.uk

View our pest control webpage where there are factsheets on different types of pests which can help you to identify whether you have a problem or not.

The council does not investigate complaints of mice outside, but we are able to investigate complaints regarding rats outside.


  • Private Sector Housing Team
  • Environmental Health
    Barnet House, 1255 High Road,
    Whetstone, London, N20 0EJ
  • Tel: 020 8359 7995
  • Email: housingconditions@barnet.gov.uk
  • Re Ltd Pest Control Services
  • Barnet House, 1255 High Road,
    Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
  • Tel: 020 8359 7799
  • Email: pestcontrol@barnet.gov.uk

Rate this page