Computers and the internet: wifi and usage
Using library computers
You can the computers in Barnet libraries to:
- use the internet
- scan and print
- use Microsoft Office software
- use IT learning courses
- use online resources
- use Ancestry.co.uk
Many of the computers are self-service (PC Express). Just turn up and type in your library card number and PIN to use the computer. You can apply online for a library card before your visit. You can also book a computer by asking library staff. Visitors to the library can pay for hourly use.
You must agree to our Acceptable Usage policy.
PCs turn off 15 minutes before the library closes.
All our libraries have self service issue machines.
- first 90 minutes each day is free for library card holders
- PC hire charge per hour: £2.70 (£1.35 concessions)
- black and white printing: 10p per sheet
- colour printing: 50p per sheet
Concessions apply to children, students and those claiming benefits. Proof of eligibility is required.
All Barnet libraries have wifi you can use with your own device. To use our wifi you will need your Barnet library card and your PIN. If you do not have a PIN please speak to library staff or contact your local library.
A range of computer courses are available. Find details for your local library.
Barnet and Southgate College run courses using PCs at East Barnet and Colindale libraries:
- Switch on to IT (beginners)
Ideal for absolute beginners, this course teaches you how to use a mouse and keyboard, word processing, internet and email
- Click on to the net: including: browsers, website addresses, search engines, online forms, viruses, e-mail security and safety, online shopping and social networking
To be eligible for these free courses you need to be a permanent UK resident, be aged 19+, and have basic English skills.
Please contact Barnet and Southgate College directly to book.
- Barnet and Southgate College
- Typetalk: 18001 020 8200 8300 (deaf and hard of hearing)
- Tel: 020 8266 4000
- FAX: 020 8208 7177
- Email: email@example.com