Local studies fees and charges
You can photocopy pages from most books at Local Studies within normal library and copyright restrictions.
Many archive documents are not suitable for photocopying, for example:
- Most material from pre 1900
- Photographs from the collection of any date
- Material above A3 in size including plans and maps
- Materials which are bound, clipped, stapled, rolled, or folded
Local Studies staff can offer guidance on this.
Please note the copying of electoral registers is prohibited.
Scanned images can be ordered in black and white or colour (100dpi) for £1. Please note these are not available on the same day or self-service.
Individuals can ask to use their own camera to copy documents for £10 per day (at staff discretion).
Images for websites
- Images are licensed to one URL address at a maximum size of 600 x 350 pixals
- Images should be labelled 'Courtesy of the London Borough of Barnet' and be linked to http://boroughphotos.org/barnet/.
Images for hardcopy publications
Each image should include the by line Courtesy of the London Borough of Barnet
- Community and private website or for hardcopy publication purposes £20
- Commercial website £40
- Commercial hardcopy publication purposes £60
We will carry out a limited amount of research, within reason, for personal use. Fees apply for more detailed requests and for research which is not for personal use.
- General public: First 30 minutes free, then £30 per hour
- Commercial: £40 per hour
- Other Council departments: £15 per hour
We offer a range of talks to groups and societies. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
- Up to £75