Find out more about the story of our borough with Pocket Histories. These will build up to cover nearly every corner of the borough down to the smallest district, such as Parson Street in Hendon, Red Lion Hill in Finchley and Underhill in Barnet.
- The Battle of Barnet
- Hendon Aerodrome
- La Delivrance (the Naked Lady)
- population statistics drawn from the census since 1801
If you're a Barnet resident, these are the histories of the place where you live.
Pocket Histories describe:
- general changes which have occurred to the area and why
- buildings and institutions of interest
- famous events and people
Pocket Histories are divided into 5 areas:
- Hendon and Golders Green
- Finchley, Friern Barnet and Totteridge
- Edgware and Burnt Oak
- Mill Hill
Each area has its own special links pages with more detailed histories, picture and film libraries, online historical directories, and local history groups.
- Local Studies Centre
- Hendon Library (first floor), The Burroughs, London NW4 4BQ
- Tel: 020 8359 3960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org