Renew your books
How to renew books and CDs
You can renew your books and CDs in many ways. Unless items are already reserved by someone else you can usually keep them for a further 21 days. After 4 renewals you will need to return your items to the library to renew them again.
You cannot renew DVDs. You can keep these for longer but a further loan charge will be made (for each loan period) when you return them to the library.
You can renew your items online.*
- to login you will need your library membership number and the 4-digit PIN* that was issued to you by library staff (when prompted to enter a password please enter this PIN)
- if you do not have a PIN or you have forgotten it contact your library
*It is possible to change your PIN to a password of your choosing but it must remain a 4-digit number if you wish to access the library during self-service hours.
You can also renew items on your library card by phone using our automated phone line 24 hours a day.
- call the number for your local library
- when asked choose option 1 to use the automated renewals service and follow the instructions
- you will need your library card
- if you need help just press the * key on your telephone keypad to take you back to the menu then 0 (zero) to speak to a member of staff. Please note that staff are only available for assistance during library opening hours
You can also renew books at any Barnet library. You will need to take your library card with you.