North London Half Marathon returns to Barnet
The Vitality North London Half Marathon is back for its third year on Sunday 12 March. This exciting event takes place across the London Boroughs of Brent and Barnet and expects to attract up to 10,000 runners, many of whom will be fundraising for local and national charities.
Using the roads of Brent and Barnet will cause some changes to usual traffic routes for a limited period on the day of the race. In planning the event, every effort has been made to minimise the disruption caused. To find full race information, visit: www.northlondonhalf.com
Residents and visitors should check the route map to see if they need to make alternative arrangements. Alternative traffic routes have also been provided by the organisers. A reopening schedule will be in place to ensure that roads are reopened as soon as possible once runners have completed each section of the route, and when it is safe and feasible to do so.
The majority of roads around the route will close at 7.00am, but a specific list is provided below:
- Olympic Way (4.45am closure)
- Wembley Park Boulevard (4.45am closure)
- Royal Route (4.45am closure)
- Perimeter Way (4.45am closure)
- Engineers Way, between Rutherford Way and Wembley Park Boulevard (6.45am closure)
- Fulton Road, at the junction with Olympic Way (6.45am closure)
- Brook Avenue, between Olympic Square access gate and Bridge Rd (4.45am closure)
- Bridge Road, between Brook Avenue and Forty Lane (4.45am closure)
- Forty Lane, between Bridge Road and the Paddocks
- The Paddocks
- Fryent Way, between the Paddocks and Valley Drive
- Valley Drive
- Kingsbury Road, between Valley Drive and Roe Green
- Roe Green
- Hay Lane
- Edgware Road (A5), between Hay Lane and Colindale Avenue (8.15am closure)
- Colindale Avenue
- Grahame Park Way
- Bunns Lane, between Grahame Park Way and Page Street
- Page Street, between Bunns Lane and Champions Way
- Pursley Road, between Featherstone Road and Page Street
- Champions Way
- Greenlands Lane
- Slough Lane, between Kingsbury Road and Salmon Street)
- Salmon Street, between Slough Lane and the Paddocks
The race will start at 8.30am, with the reopening schedule in operation from 10.15am. Most roads will be reopened by 12.45pm, with Brook Avenue and Bridge Road being the final roads to reopen, by 1.45pm.
Parking suspensions will be in place on Olympic Way, Wembley Park Boulevard, Royal Route, Perimeter Way, Bridge Road, Valley Drive, Hay Lane, Colindale Avenue, Grahame Park Way, Colindeep Lane, Featherstone Road and Wise Lane.
Residents are asked to allow extra time for journeys, and where possible avoid driving in the area during the closure period.
A number of local bus services will also be subject to diversions throughout the morning – residents should check www.tfl.gov.uk for further information.