- Parking, roads and pavements
Resident parking permit prices have changed
The following prices will used to calculate your resident parking permit.
gCo2 bands have changed:
- If you have a diesel car, you will be charged £10 per car on top of the relevant price band.
- If you have more than one household car, you will be charged an additional £10 for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th permits in that household.
|Permit type||Emissions band||Cost||Diesel surcharge||Additional car surcharge (2nd, 3rd, 4th permit)|
|Resident||Green annual permit: gCo2 emissions 110 or below||Free of charge||+£10 per vehicle||+£10 per vehicle|
|Resident||Lower band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 111 – 150||£45||+£10 per vehicle||+£10 per vehicle|
|Resident||Middle band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 151 – 200||£52.50||+£10 per vehicle||+£10 per vehicle|
|Resident||Higher band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 201 and above||£85||+£10 per vehicle||+£10 per vehicle|
Please call 0208 359 7446 if you have any questions.
Renew a residents permit online
Apply for a new residents parking permit
Barnet Council has introduced electronic permits and a new pricing structure based on car emissions.
To apply for a parking permit online you will need:
- Your vehicle registration
- A valid email address
- Your V5 log book or your insurance schedule – in pdf or jpeg format only (one of these will need to be uploaded to the application)
- Your credit or debit card details – We do not accept AMEX
Request a PIN or permit number
Log into your "My Account"
Go to 'parking and travel' from the menu, and then to 'I've forgotten my PIN' and your PIN will be emailed to you shortly.
If you haven't signed up for a My Account, then register below.
Please note you will need Internet Explorer 9 to 11. If you use Internet Explorer 8 or less download Google Chrome or call us on 0208 359 7446 and we can complete the application on your behalf.
- Apply for a permit - make an online application
- Penalty Charge Notices - pay your PCN online
- Car parks - find out about the borough's car parks
- Cashless parking - find out about using our cashless parking facility
- CPZs - Controlled Parking Zones in Barnet
- Parking enforcement - details of our enforcement practices
You can now register for MyAccount to get parking services all in one place.
- Apply for and renew your resident parking permit
- Apply for a freedom pass
- Purchase visitor parking vouchers
- Request a controlled parking zone suspension
- Get the latest information on changes to parking restrictions and current traffic enforcements