- Parking, roads and pavements
Resident parking permit prices have changed
The following prices will be used to calculate your resident parking permit.
gCo2 bands have changed:
- If you have a diesel car, you will be charged £10 per car on top of the relevant price band.
- If you have more than one household car, you will be charged an additional £15 for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th permits in that household.
- 7 Seater Vehicles; If your motor car has more than 7 seats, with Co2 emissions of 201 or above, you will be charged the Middle Band rate.
Note: If your vehicle was manufactured prior to 2002 or is an imported vehicle and you encounter difficulties in obtaining a permit online, please contact our Parking Services Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 8359 7446.
|Permit type||Emissions band||Cost||Diesel surcharge||Additional car surcharge (2nd, 3rd, 4th permit)|
|Resident||Green annual permit: gCo2 emissions 110 or below||£15||+£10 per vehicle||+£15 per vehicle|
|Resident||Lower band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 111 – 130||£50||+£10 per vehicle||+£15 per vehicle|
|Resident||Low (top tier) band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 131 – 150||£55||+£10 per vehicle||+£15 per vehicle|
|Resident||Middle band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 151 – 200||£65||+£10 per vehicle||+£15 per vehicle|
|Resident||Higher band emissions permit: gCo2 emissions of 201 and above||£115||+£10 per vehicle||+£15 per vehicle
Apply, renew and manage your parking permits online
Barnet Council has introduced electronic permits and a new pricing structure based on car emissions. Access the parking permit portal here
To renew or apply for a parking permit you will need:
- Your vehicle registration
- A valid email address
- Your V5 log book or your insurance schedule – in pdf or jpeg format only (one of these will need to be uploaded to the application)
- Your credit or debit card details – please note we do not accept AMEX
Please note that we may ask you to provide address evidence or your V5 Logbook at a later date for fraud and audit purposes.
Order Parking Permits Online
The following permits and services are currently available to order online through the parking permit portal. Click on the links to find out more about each.
- Visitor Parking Vouchers
- Religious (also referred to as a community permit)
- Essential service vouchers
- Book a suspension of parking bays
- Saracens Permits and Vouchers
MyAccount and parking services
You can now register for MyAccount to get parking services all in one place.
- Apply for and renew your resident parking permit
- Apply for a freedom pass
- Purchase visitor parking vouchers
- Request a controlled parking zone suspension
- Get the latest information on changes to parking restrictions and current traffic enforcements
- London Borough of Barnet Parking Permits
PO Box 49065
London N11 1UZ
- Tel: 020 8359 7446
- FAX: 0871 911 6188