- Parking, roads and pavements
If your vehicle is electric, you can park in a 'resident permit holders only' or a 'permit holder only' parking place during controlled hours.
You need to supply proof of vehicle documents eg your V5 log book.
You can apply for your green resident parking permit if your vehicle is 100% electric and produces zero emissions. Low emissions vehicles will not be eligible.
You can apply for your green resident parking permit:
If you don't have online access, please call us on 0208 359 7446.
A green permit is free of charge.
Changing permit details
We offer a number of online services to change permit details including:
Conditions of Use
- The permit only allows you to park in a “Resident Permit Holders Only” or “Permit Holders Only” parking place during the controlled hours, making sure that the same zone identifier letters displayed on the permit appear on the sign.
- The permit does not allow you to park in a “Business Permit Holders Only” parking place, Pay and Display bays, yellow lines, or any other parking restriction.
- The permit may only be used in a shared use parking place where the signs indicate the zone identifier wording in condition 1.
- The issue of a resident permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space nor does in render the council subject to any liability in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle in a parking place or the contents or fittings of the vehicle.
- The permit will be stored electronically using your vehicle registration number to check the validity of your parked car.
- Parking places may be suspended by any person duly authorised by the council or police. A resident permit is not valid in a parking place where signs indicate it is suspended.
- It is prohibited to use a vehicle in a parking place in connection with the sale or offering or exposing for sale of goods.
- The maximum number of resident permits which shall be issued to a household within a street or part of a street at any one time shall be four.
- If the permit is no longer required the council may arrange a refund for the remaining number of months, once the original permit is returned to our office. The refund is calculated from the date the permit is received and will be for any full unused months. It is recommended that you send the original permit by recorded delivery post as without this permit we cannot arrange a refund.
- The council may revoke a permit if it believed that the permit is being misused. Where a vehicle has three or more outstanding penalty charge notices issued that have progressed to ‘charge certificate’ stage (by this stage there is no longer a right of appeal) then a new or renewed permit will not be issued for that vehicle until the outstanding penalty has been paid or the matter otherwise resolved.
- Failure to comply with these conditions may result in a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) being issued to your vehicle.
- The council shall cancel your permit and no refund will be given and you may be issued with a PCN if it is found that you have:
- I cease to be a resident within the zone for which the permit is issued;
- I cease to own the vehicle/s specified in this application;
- The vehicle/s specified in this application is a passenger vehicle and is constructed or adapted solely for the carriage of more than twelve passengers.
- The vehicle/s specified in this application is a goods carrying vehicle and is constructed or adapted in such a manner that it exceeds 2.3m in height; or
- I am issued with a duplicate permit.
- Parking Permits
- London Borough of Barnet Parking Permits, PO Box 49065 London N11 1UZ
- Tel: 020 8359 7446
- FAX: 0871 911 6188