- Parking, roads and pavements
Closed circuit television cameras, commonly known as CCTV cameras, have been installed by Barnet Council across the borough.
Signage is up in all the areas covered by CCTV to ensure residents, visitors and businesses in Barnet are aware that the area is being monitored by cameras. Cameras are recording 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The location of cameras are also published in our CCTV Code of Practice
Our cameras are operated by experienced and fully trained CCTV operators.
Why we use CCTV
CCTV cameras have been installed as part of our approach to addressing community safety with the following objectives:
- help reduce the fear of crime
- help deter crime
- help reduce vandalism and anti-social behaviour
- help detect crime and provide evidential material for court proceedings
- enhance community safety, assist in developing the economic well being of the London Borough of Barnet and encourage greater use of town centre facilities
- assist in licensing and enforcement
- assist in traffic management and enforcement
- assist in supporting civil proceedings
- Community Safety Team
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 0208 359 6071
- Email: CCTV@barnet.gov.uk