Neighbourhood planning is where communities can influence the future of their neighbourhood by preparing a Neighbourhood Plan.This sets out the vision for their local area and general planning policies to guide developments.
This information is intended to help communities understand what neighbourhood planning in Barnet is all about.
If you have any further questions on neighbourhood planning or are thinking of preparing a neighbourhood plan for your area, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or you can contact us at the following address:
RE Planning Policy Team
2nd Floor Barnet House
1255 High Road
London N20 0EJ
Advice on preparing Neighbourhood Plans
For further advice and guidance on neighbourhood planning please visit the Neighbourhood Planning Roadmap Guide. This provides a good idea of what is involved in producing a Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Planning (General Amendment) Regulations 2015 are listed here.
Neighbourhood Planning – current area and forum applications
No consultation is currently taking place on applications to designate an Area and Forum.
Approved neighbourhood areas and forums in Barnet
For information on approved neighbourhood areas and forums, including their application submissions and a detailed plan of their area, please see the links below:
Area and forum application documents
- Mill Hill Neighbourhood Plan Area and Forum Application Committee Report
- Mill Hill - Neighbourhood Area Application
- Mill Hill - Neighbourhood Forum Application
- Mill Hill - Neighbourhood Forum Constitution
- Mill Hill - Responses to Representations on Mill Hill Neighbourhood Plan Applications for Area and Forum Designation
A group applied to the Council to be formally designated as a Neighbourhood Forum in September 2014 and set the boundary of their Neighbourhood Area, in accordance with Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012.
Please visit the Mill Hill Forum for more information.
- West Finchley Neighbourhood Plan Area and Forum Application Committee Report
- West Finchley Neighbourhood Area Application
- West Finchley Neighbourhood Forum application
- West Finchley Neighbourhood Forum constitution
- West Finchley - Responses to Representations on West Finchley Neighbourhood Plan Applications for Area and Forum Designation
A West Finchley group previously applied to the Council to be formally designated as a Neighbourhood Forum and set the boundary of their Neighbourhood Area, in accordance with Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012.
Please visit the West Finchley Neighbourhood Forum for more information.