- Planning, conservation and building control
Town Centre Frameworks aim to create the right environment for vibrant and viable town centres in Barnet. The individual Town Centre Frameworks:
- Identify opportunities to enhance the public realm.
- Improve accessibility for all users.
- Support the provision of a wide range of shops and services to meet the needs of diverse local populations.
All Town Centre Frameworks are subject to community engagement in order to identify the different requirements of each individual centre and the different needs and preferences of those who use them.
Where opportunity sites are identified in the Frameworks, development principles will be set out which will assist in guiding future development proposals for individual sites across the town centre. The Frameworks will provide the basis for managing and promoting positive change in identified town centres, and will be a material consideration for planning applications in the area.
The Council has produced the following frameworks/strategies:
- Planning Policy
- Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 4990
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org