- Planning, conservation and building control
Town Centre Frameworks aim to create the right environment for vibrant and viable town centres in Barnet. The individual Town Centre Frameworks will:
- identify opportunities to enhance the public realm
- improve accessibility for all users
- support the provision of a wide range of shops and services to meet the needs of diverse local populations.
All Town Centre Frameworks are subject to community engagment in order to indentify the different requirements of each individual centre and the different needs and preferences of those who use them.
Where opportunity sites are identified in the Frameworks, development principles will be set out which will assist in guiding future development proposals for individual sites across the town centre. The Frameworks will provide the basis for managing and promoting positive change in identified town centres, and will be a material consideration for planning applications in the area.
The New Barnet Town Centre Framework is the first of Barnet's town centre frameworks to be adopted. The document was formally adopted at cabinet on 29 November 2010.
- Strategic Planning
- Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 3000
- FAX: 0870 889 6819
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org