Test content and forms
If you provide care and support to an adult family member, adult friend or disabled child you may be eligible for support from us.
The types of carer support available can be:
- money to pay for things that make caring easier
- respite care when you need a short break
- putting you in touch with local support groups so you have people to talk to
- support so you can attend any medical appointments, go into hospital for an operation (including recovery afterwards)
- training – such as learning how to lift safely
- help with housework or gardening
- buying a laptop so you can keep in touch with family and friends
- becoming a member of a gym so you can look after your own health
How to get a carer's assessment
Before we can give you any help, you need to have a carer's assessment so we can work out what help is best suited to your needs.
First, you will need to complete our carer's assessment form. You can do this with help from a friend, a member of your family or a health or social care professional.
What you need to include on your form:
- your email address
- NHS number
- your GPname and address
The form will take 20 minutes to complete and you can save and return to it.
Carer's assessment form
We will contact you within 10 working days and let you know what help and support you are eligible for.