NHS Health Checks
The NHS Health Check is a health check-up for adults in England aged 40-74. It's designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia.
GPs that offer NHS health checks in Barnet
Look at the map below or the list of GPs that offer NHS health checks (PDF) in Barnet.
This list and map was updated Nov 2016. Next review is April 2017.
Check if your practice is offering an NHS Health Check (PDF) and request one:
- if you're aged 40-74
- have not had an NHS Health Check in the last 5 years
- do not already have a diagnosed long-term health condition
If your GP isn't currently offering NHS Health Checks, but you have concerns about your health, you should ask for an appointment with your GP anyway.
Find out more about NHS Health Checks.
Post NHS Health Checks lifestyle intervention programme
Following the Health Check, those who meet the eligibility criteria can be referred to the post NHS Health Checks lifestyle intervention programme. This consists of a physical activity course and a cooking course with nutritional advice. You will be contacted by a senior health trainer who will organise your course.
Physical activity course
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Venues: Copthall and Burnt Oak Leisure Centres
- Cost: £13.20 per month or £3 per session (pay as you go)
Cooking and nutrition course
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Venue: Barnet and Southgate College
- Cost: £5 per session (food costs)