Making Every Contact Count
Making Every Contact Count (MECC) is about how to make the most of each opportunity to help people improve their health and wellbeing.
We are helping frontline staff and volunteers to find time in their conversations with Barnet residents to help them think about and resolve things that could affect their health and wellbeing.
These may include job worries, concerns about housing and health-related issues.
Frontline staff are people like housing officers, employment advisors, social care staff and volunteers from many of Barnet's voluntary and community sector organisations.
We are working with Social Marketing Gateway to train frontline workers in MECC and have produced factsheets which are helpful for:
- staff/volunteers who have undergone the training.
- staff/volunteers who have not participated in the training, but who work in frontline roles and are in a position to share the key messages and signposting information with residents.
- residents who would like to know more about the topics and find out about what services are available in Barnet.
These PDF fact sheets are available for download, to print and to share.
Lifestyle and wellbeing
Housing and employment
Children and maternal
Training with Social Marketing Gateway
- face to face
- lasts half a day
- open to staff or volunteers in Barnet who work with residents
- Royal Society of Public Health accredited
- all participants will receive a certificate
If you are experienced at talking to residents, this is a great opportunity to refresh some basics and share your knowledge with less experienced colleagues.
If you are not very experienced, this is a chance to gain some new skills and learn from others.
Contact Alyson Kyle firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the training and if it is suitable for you.
The sessions will be held at North London Business Park.
Last updated June 2017