Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment
- Public health
The Barnet Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) has developed a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA). This is a statutory responsibility, as set out under the National Health Service (Pharmaceutical Services and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013 No. 349) and amended in 2014 (SI 2014 No. 417).
A PNA is a document which records the assessment of the need for pharmaceutical services within a specific area. As such, it sets out:
- A statement of the pharmaceutical services which are currently provided, together with when and where these are available
- Details of planned or likely changes which may affect the future provision of pharmaceutical services
- Any current or future gaps in pharmaceutical services, taking into account the pharmaceutical needs of the population
The PNA will be used by NHS England to consider applications to open a new pharmacy, move an existing pharmacy or to commission additional services from pharmacy. The document will also be used by service commissioners to inform local commissioning strategy within Barnet, and may act as a reference source for existing pharmaceutical services contractors who may wish to change the services they provide and/or by potential new entrants to the market.
Please find the PNA and supporting documents below:
- First Contact
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0870 889 7458
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org