The regeneration of the Grahame Park estate, northwest of the borough in Colindale, aims to create a new and thriving mixed tenure community. The plan for the area includes social rent, affordable and private sale homes, major infrastructure upgrades, improved transport links and a range of community facilities.
Following a full consultation with Grahame Park residents it was decided that regeneration of the estate should take place. The development will improve the quality of housing by bringing them up to the Decent Homes Standard, and enhance the overall layout of the estate.
The transformation is being delivered, on behalf of Barnet Council, by Genesis Housing Association, who is also the developer and resident social landlord for the scheme.
The scheme aims to deliver:
- Approximately 3,000 homes by 2032
- Around 1,800 new private homes
- Around 900 new affordable homes
- Approximately 25 per cent (463) of the original homes will be retained and integrated into the new development
- New road, pedestrian and cycle networks
- Relocation of Barnet and Southgate College to the area
- Replacement health centre, library, community centre, children’s activity centre and centre for independent living
- New retail facilities to be provided on the main concourse and near to Colindale tube station
- New and improved open spaces
- Relocation of Barnet Council’s main office building
- 593 new homes have been built - 227 new social rent homes, 73 shared ownership homes, 255 open market homes and 38 affordable rented homes
- the new Sainsbury’s opened in July 2015
- Barnet and Southgate College relocated in September 2016.
- the new Colindale library opened in September 2016.
- Plot 5 consists of 60 new homes of which 23 are for social rent and 12 for shared ownership.
- Plot 6 is due to complete in January 2018 and includes 15 new affordable homes.
For more information, visit Grahame Park redevelopment
Grahame Park Estate Development SPD
In order to drive forward the regeneration programme for Grahame Park and deliver necessary associated infrastructure and community facilities the Council, in partnership with Genesis Housing Association, has undertaken a comprehensive review of the remainder of the Grahame Park Estate Masterplan, known as Stage B. The Masterplan is now 10 years old and out of date, with only a limited proportion of the envisaged regeneration having been implemented. The most appropriate way forward is a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD), which will provide a framework for the consideration of detailed planning applications for a series of phases over a 10-15 year period. The SPD sits below Barnet’s Local Plan Core Strategy and Development Plan Documents, as well as the Colindale Area Action Plan (CAAP). The SPD will provide site specific guidance and advice on the application of planning policy in relation to the Grahame Park Estate and will be a material consideration in the planning process for all applications affecting the Estate.
- Appendix B: Grahame Park Estate Development SPD - part 1
- Appendix B: Grahame Park Estate Development SPD - part 2
- Appendix B: Grahame Park Estate Development SPD - part 3
- Appendix B: Grahame Park Estate Development SPD - part 4
- Susan Hunter, Regeneration Service
- Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 4255
- Email: email@example.com