Loading, please wait

Time banded collections for business

There are a few simple things you need to do to ensure you follow time banded collections.
Wheeled bins cannot be left on the public highway at any time.
You can only continue to use wheeled bins if you keep them off of the street at all times. This means you need to take your bins out to your collection contractor when they arrive, and then once emptied, return them to your storage area immediately. They need to be stored, for example, in a private back alley or on your property.
If you do not have suitable storage for your wheeled bins you will need to have a sack collection instead. You will need to make arrangements for your contractor to take your bins away. There are two options, depending on who collects your commercial waste:
  1. By setting up a commercial collection contract with us, where you can order blue recycling sacks, and red refuse sacks. Visit our commercial waste page or email the team csi@barnet.gov.uk . Recycling sacks are cheaper than refuse waste sacks and recycling more can save you money.
  2. Or, if a private waste contractor collects your  recycling and refuse they must be able to supply you with a sack collection. They must also supply you with identifiable waste sacks.
You should put out your recycling and refuse sacks for collection on the street next to the entrance of your premises.
You can put out your waste for collection 7 days a week. Recycling and refuse sacks must be put out at the same location but in separate piles. Cardboard must be flattened and placed in bundles for collection. Do not block access routes or pavements.

Rate this page