Large and bulky waste collections
- Rubbish, waste and recycling
Book a collection
All items booked for collection must be placed outside the property by 6.30am. Collections staff cannot enter properties or back gardens to collect items.
Special collection charges
Please note, charges for collections arranged by the landlords of properties will be subject to the addition of VAT
- electrical items such as washing machines and fridge freezers, and non-electrical items such as furniture are charged at £35.00 for the first one to three items, and a tiered charge per additional item.
|No. of items||Charge|
If you have more than ten items the collection will need to priced by a supervisor.
Additional wheeled bin collections
If you require an additional collection of your wheeled bin, this can also be arranged through the Special Collections service.
The following charges apply:
|Special collection of
1 x 240 litre wheeled bin
|1 x 360 litre wheeled bin||£53.81|
|1 x 660 litre wheeled bin||£62.62|
|1 x 940 litre wheeled bin||£71.48|
|1 x 1100 litre wheeled bin||£76.06|
Items we can't collect
We are unable to collect the following items, although you can dispose of most of these for free at the Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre:
- American-style fridges
- floor standing boilers
- gas bottles/canisters
- glazed window frames
- heavy cast iron items, e.g. car engines
- items over 6ft long
- metal baths
- sharp or heavy items
- soil or building materials
- steel water tanks
- tree trunks or thick branches
We do not collect asbestos and this cannot be taken to the Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre. Asbestos is collected by the City of London who can arrange a hazardous waste collection.
Cement asbestos from households can be taken to Hornsey Street Re-use and Recycling Centre, Hornsey Street, London N7 8HU by appointment only. Telephone 020 8884 5645 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Options for re-use or recycling
- Over 40 different household materials are accepted at the Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre and over 60% is recycled. Unwanted household furniture that is in good condition with the fire safety label can also be donated for reuse at the onsite reuse shop 'Second Time Around'.
- Clearabee provide free recycling collections of larger electrical goods from households in the borough. To book a free household collection call 0330 088 1085.
- 123 Recycle Your WEEE provide recycling collections from commercial organisations and businesses. Please note that charges will apply for these collections. To arrange a collection call 01795 434125 or book online.
- If your unwanted furniture could be used by someone else, please consider giving it to the Barnet Furniture Centre. Please do not leave items outside of the centre outside of the opening hours.
- You can also offer unwanted items for re-use on the Freecycle website.
- The British Heart Foundation offer free collections of unwanted items for reuse or recycling.
- You can also donate unwanted items to other various charities.
- Street Based Services
- Oakleigh Depot
Oakleigh Road South
- Tel: 020 8359 4600
- Opening hours
- Mon - Thurs 9.00am to 5.15pm; Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm