Recycling in schools
- Rubbish, waste and recycling
Recycling collection service for schools
We offer a competitively priced recycling collection service to all Barnet schools. This helps schools to recycle a wide range of recyclable materials, food and garden waste.
We offer a weekly mixed recycling collection. We can provide a range of bin containers from 240L bins up to 1100L sized bins making recycling school waste eg cardboard even easier.
The following dry recycling can be recycled altogether, no need to sort them, in our mixed recycling bins:
- Mixed paper
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Food tins, drink cans, clean foil and aerosols
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic packaging, including yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and food trays
Green garden waste
We offer a free garden waste collection every 2 weeks to all schools in the borough who have a contract with us for their refuse and/or recycling services. The first green bin for garden waste is free of charge. There is a charge for additional bins.
The following can be placed in the green garden recycling bin:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings and tree prunings
- Branches up to 20cm in diameter (8”) and under 60cm (24”) in length
Benefits of our service
We offer competitively priced services and are happy to visit your school free of charge and offer help and advice about waste storage and disposal.
Our services include:
- No hidden costs. For example, charges per kilo for overweight bins, bin rental charges or duty of care service charges. Many private collectors apply one or all of these on top of the price they initially quote.
- Should you get a better priced quote from another waste collector, please contact us as we will aim to better the offer.
Please contact the Street Based Service team using the contact details below if you are interested in this service.
- Street based services
- Oakleigh Depot
Oakleigh Road South
London, N11 1HJ
- Tel: 020 8359 4600
- FAX: 0870 889 7459
- Opening hours
- Mon - Thurs 9.00am to 5.15pm; Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm