Clothing and textiles
- Rubbish, waste and recycling
There are a number of textile banks across Barnet to enable unwanted clothes, textiles and shoes to be reused or recycled.
- Eton Avenue, junction with Brookside off Cat Hill, EN4 8JB
- Great North Road, by railway bridge, EN5 1AB
- Stapylton Road car park, EN5 4LN
- Brunswick Park Road, New Southgate Recreation Park, N11 1LB
- Friern Barnet Library, Friern Barnet Road, N11 3DS
- High Road, Whetstone, junction with Woodside Lane, N12 8JT
- East Finchley Station forecourt, High Road, N2 0NW
- East End Road, N3 2TA
- Copthall Leisure Centre, Champions Way, NW4 1PX
- Mill Hill East tube station forecourt, Bittacy Hill, NW7 1BS
- Bunns Lane car park, NW7 2GB
- Quakers Course, rear of car park, NW9 5XA
- all clean clothes
- paired shoes
- accessories (belts, hats, gloves, ties, bags and scarves)
- household textiles (towels, bedding, sheets and curtains) - no duvets or sleeping bags please
Items must be in a sealed carrier bag.
You can view bring bank locations on a map by accessing the bring bank directory.
Alternatively clothes and textiles can be taken to the Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre.
Swishing and 'Give and Take' Days
Swishing involves getting together with your friends and family to swap clothes, accessories and shoes.
Give and Take Days are arranged by the North London Waste Authority (NLWA) and enable residents to bring along unwanted clothes (and other items) and take away items in return.
Find out more information from the NLWA on how you can prevent clothes from going to waste.
- Street based services
- Oakleigh Depot
Oakleigh Road South
London, N11 1HJ
- Tel: 020 8359 4600
- Opening hours
- Mon - Thurs 9.00am to 5.15pm; Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm