- Rubbish, waste and recycling
Anyone can compost at home - you don’t need to be a keen gardener, have a big garden or even live in a house to make compost. It reduces landfill waste and greenhouse gas creation, and puts valuable nutrients back into the soil.
The council has an arrangement with a supplier to make compost bins available to residents at a reasonable price. They offer the following compost bins:
- compost Converter 220L (buy one get one half price special offer)
- compost Converter 330L (buy one get one half price special offer)
- Converter base plate (buy one get one half price special offer)
To order a compost bin, or for more information, please click here.
If you're new to home composting, visit Recycle Now for some handy tips.
What goes in my compost bin?
Visit Recycle Now for a full list of what you can and can't put into your compost bin.
Wormeries are sealed bins which house a colony of tiger worms that naturally convert your food waste into concentrated liquid plant food and rich organic compost. They are ideal for flats or properties with small or no gardens. They can be kept indoors or outside and are also great fun for children. To find out more about wormeries download the guide below. Wormeries can also be purchased from getcomposting and Original Organics.
- Street Based services
- Building 9, Mill Hill Depot, Bittacy Hill, London, NW7 1BL
- Tel: 020 8359 4600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org