Primary school admissions in Barnet
- Schools and education
Find a primary school in your area
See the Schools directory to find a primary school in your area.
Community school catchment areas
To see the catchment areas for our community schools, please see our school priority maps.
Starting primary school in September 2018
Children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 are due to start primary school from September 2018.
The application process and how to apply
For information on the online application process, please read the leaflet 'Applying for a school place' (PDF). Full details, school information and admissions criteria can be found in our primary admissions guide.
- primary school places across London are allocated through the Pan London Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme
- the application process starts on 1 September 2017; click here to apply
- use this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to apply online (PDF)
- the deadline for 'on-time' applications is 15 January 2018
- you must fill in a single online application form and submit the form to the local authority where your child lives, even if you are applying to schools in more than one borough
- you can apply for up to six schools and list them the order of your preference
- if more than one school can offer your child a place, the local authority will offer a place at whichever school was ranked highest on your application form
- you should find out how school places were allocated last year to help you make sensible choices
Applications that are submitted late will be processed after on-time applications. First priority to school places will be given to applicants who apply on time.
National Offer Day is Monday 16 April 2018. Parents must log in to their online eAdmissions account to find out which school place their child has been offered.
A small number of parents may decide not to accept the primary school place that has been offered to their child and these places will then be offered to other children from the waiting lists in the second round of offers.
Your child’s name will automatically be placed on the waiting lists for any Barnet school which was a higher preference on your application form than the school you have been offered.
The second round of offers is scheduled to take place during the week ending 25 May 2018.
Appealing for a place at your preferred school(s)
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel against the decision not to offer your child a place at a school of your preference.
Appeals will not be heard until all the available places at the school have been offered and accepted and as no places are reserved for successful appeals, this means that any appeals allowed will increase the intake above the admission limit.
Neighbouring council school admissions
020 8937 3110
020 7974 1625
020 8379 5501
020 8489 1000
020 8901 2620
0300 123 4043
- School admissions
- Building 2
North London Business Park
Oakleigh Road South
- Tel: 020 8359 7651
- FAX: 0870 889 6799
- Opening hours
- Enquiries: Contact us online