School Admissions terms and conditions
- Schools and education
The information you have provided will be used in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Barnet has a duty under the Children’s Act 2004 to work with partners to provide and improve services to children and young people in the area. Therefore, Barnet may also use this information for other legitimate purposes and may share this information where necessary with other bodies responsible for administering services to children and young people. Barnet also has a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end, it may use the information you have provided on the application form for the prevention and detection of fraud.
The people who may receive this information are:
- the current nursery or school
- all schools to which you have applied (though the ranking order of preferences are not shared)
- the school that the child has been offered
- other Admission Authorities so as to ensure that parents have provided consistent information and do not hold on to more than one school place
- any organisation legitimately investigating allegations of fraud, criminal offences or child protection.