Barnet local outbreak management plan
Local COVID-19 restrictions for Barnet
Current information on COVID-19 restrictions can be found on the government's website.
Access the daily updates on Barnet COVID-19 cases that are published nationally.
A more detailed COVID-19 weekly report for Barnet is published by 5pm every Tuesday. It covers a 7-day period up to the previous Saturday, as full and validated reporting is delayed by 2 to 3 days. It can be viewed here:
The aim of this plan
As we approach the next phase of the pandemic and work to implement the national roadmap, Barnet's Local Outbreak Control Plan has evolved into a Local Outbreak Management Plan. It describes our continued, co-ordinated local response to the pandemic and has been developed with a wide range of stakeholders and overseen by Barnet Health Protection Board.
The aim of this plan is to:
- Be aligned with refreshed National Containment Framework;
- Ensure that future plans concentrate on the local strategies to contain the virus spread by:
- Focusing on the comprehensive vaccination programme;
- Local strategy on testing;
- Local enhanced contact tracing;
- Preparedness for containing variants of concern and
- Managing outbreaks locally.
It has been signed off by the Health Protection Board, Borough Resilience Forum, Chief Executive, Director of Public Health and Public Health England (PHE) Health Protection Team representative. The original Local Outbreak Control Plan was first published on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Supporting documents within the plan
These documents relate to the slides in the outbreak plan which provides further context.
Microsoft word versions of these documents and the plan are available on request, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you adapt or use any of the below information or resources for your own purposes, we ask that you acknowledge Barnet Council.
1. Symptomatic (PCR) testing for residents
Process maps for Mobile Testing Units (MTUs), pillar 1 and pillar 2 testing are below. These documents relate to slides 13: Symptomatic (PCR) testing for residents and slide 44 of the plan: PCR testing for outbreak investigation.
2. Vaccination programme: local approach
NCL CCG vaccine clinical governance
This flowchart of NCL Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Vaccine Clinical Governance relates to slide 21 of the plan: Vaccination Programme: Local Approach.
NCL CCG Task and Finish Group
This list of all NCL Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) working and task and finish groups relates to slide 21 of the plan: Vaccination Programme: Local Approach.
3. Addressing inequalities
This action card for homeless and rough sleeper support and information and advice leaflet for people living in shared accommodation relates to slide 26 of the plan: Addressing Inequalities: Inclusion Health and slide 45 of the plan: Local Outbreak Management: High risk settings.
Refuge and homeless support
Houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)
4. Local data reporting
Our current Barnet reporting process map and link to our weekly COVID-19 report page. These documents relate to slide 33 of the plan: Local data reporting.
5. Local outbreak management: high risk settings
In order to capture some good work at local borough level and across London, Barnet Council, on behalf of London Best Practice Group network, has rapidly developed these action cards, based on extensive engagement with local providers, voluntary and community sector, various London’s professional networks and review of national and international guidelines, including Public Health England.
The main aim is to provide a range of short and clear tools such as checklists, action cards and hints and tips and brief best practice review aimed at:
- prevention of COVID-19 infection and spread
- management of incidents and outbreaks in specific settings
- wider wrap-around support.
These documents relate to slide 45 of the plan: Local Outbreak Management: High Risk Settings
- Primary and secondary schools action card (PDF, 0.3MB)
- Overview of educational settings outbreak management (PDF, 0.1MB)
- Workplaces action card (PDF, 0.2MB)
- Example of Corporate Risk Assessment Guidance - COVID-19 Secure (PDF, 0.7MB)
- COVID-19 staff risk assessment form (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Local outbreak management in high risk settings, care home, supported living and extra care settings (PDF, 0.1MB)
Additional supporting documents
These documents (which were part of the previous local outbreak control plan) are being reviewed as of 8 April 2021:
- Guiding principles for effective management of COVID-19 at a local level (PDF, 542KB)
- Joint Agreement for supporting the management of COVID-19 outbreaks (PDF, 943KB)
- Health Protection Board Terms of Reference (PDF, 366KB)
- Barnet Resilience Forum Terms of Reference (PDF, 241KB)
- DRAFT Public Health England Data Sharing Agreement (PDF, 128KB)
- Barnet COVID-19 Strategic Communications Strategy (PDF, 615KB)
- COVID-19 Health Protection Board Incident Management Team (IMT) meeting Terms of Reference (PDF, 143KB)