Barnet local outbreak management plan
Local COVID-19 restrictions for Barnet
Current information on COVID-19 restrictions can be found on the government's website
Access the daily updates on Barnet COVID-19 cases that are published nationally.
The aim of this plan
As we approach the next phase of the pandemic and work to implement the national roadmap, Barnet's Local Outbreak Control Plan has evolved into a Local Outbreak Management Plan. It describes our continued, co-ordinated local response to the pandemic and has been developed with a wide range of stakeholders and overseen by Barnet Health Protection Board.
The aim of this plan is to:
- Be aligned with refreshed National Containment Framework;
- Ensure that future plans concentrate on the local strategies to contain the virus spread by:
- targeted community testing, local contact tracing, and support for self isolation
- outbreak management
- responding to enduring transmission, where appropriate
- support for vaccine roll-out, in particular plans to tackle disparities in vaccine uptake
It has been signed off by the Health Protection Board, Borough Resilience Forum, Chief Executive, Director of Public Health and Public Health England (PHE) Health Protection Team representative. The original Local Outbreak Control Plan was first published on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Supporting documents within the plan
These documents relate to the slides in the outbreak plan which provides further context.
Microsoft word versions of these documents and the plan are available on request, email email@example.com
If you adapt or use any of the below information or resources for your own purposes, we ask that you acknowledge Barnet Council.
1. Governance and local boards
Covid-19 Health Protection Board, oversees, reviews, and assures outbreak control measures in Barnet. This document relates to slide 8 of the plan: Governance and local boards.
The Borough Resilience Forum is responsible for determining Council’s overall proactive management and emergency response, deployment of local resources and escalate need for mutual aid, if needed. This document relates to slide 8 of the plan: Governance and local boards.
2. PCR testing for residents and staff
Process maps for Mobile Testing Units (MTUs). This document relates to slide 10 of the plan.
3. Addressing inequalities
This action card for homeless and rough sleeper support and information and advice leaflet for people living in shared accommodation relates to slide 22 of the plan: Addressing Inequalities: Inclusion Health and slide 40 of the plan: Local Outbreak Management: High risk settings.
Refuge and homeless support
Houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)
4. Local data reporting
Our current Barnet reporting process map. This relates to slide 32 of the plan: Local data reporting.
5. Local Outbreak Management: Data and Reporting
In case of local complex settings outbreak or community cluster that needs investigation, PHE LCRC or LBB will convene an Incident Management Team (IMT) that will report to COVID-19 Health Protection Board. This document relates to slide 38: Local Outbreak Management: Data Reporting.
6. Local outbreak management: high risk settings
In order to capture some good work at local borough level and across London, Barnet Council, on behalf of London Best Practice Group network, has rapidly developed these action cards, based on extensive engagement with local providers, voluntary and community sector, various London’s professional networks and review of national and international guidelines, including Public Health England.
The main aim is to provide a range of short and clear tools such as checklists, action cards and hints and tips and brief best practice review aimed at:
- prevention of COVID-19 infection and spread
- management of incidents and outbreaks in specific settings
- wider wrap-around support.
These documents relate to slide 40 of the plan: Local Outbreak Management: High Risk Settings
- Workplaces action card (PDF, 0.2MB)
- Example of Corporate Risk Assessment Guidance - COVID-19 Secure (PDF, 0.7MB)
- COVID-19 staff risk assessment form (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Local outbreak management in high risk settings, care home, supported living and extra care settings (PDF, 0.1MB)