Whilst change is inevitable, what should act as a constant over the coming years are our organisational values.
We embrace innovation and change
- We continually ask what we can do better, or differently.
- We encourage creativity and value ideas.
- We will celebrate our success and learn from mistakes.
We value diversity
- We value different perspectives, individuality and treat everyone with respect.
- We will always strive to ensure the organisation embraces the richness of our community.
We work together
- We actively listen, respond, collaborate and share ideas, to achieve the best outcomes with residents, businesses and colleagues.
We can be trusted
- We are open, honest, act with integrity and are dependable.
- We care about Barnet, its people and businesses and those we work with.
The council’s Corporate Plan for 2015-20 sets our vision and strategy for the next five years based on the core principles of fairness, responsibility and opportunity to make sure Barnet is a place:
- of opportunity, where people can further their quality of life
- where people are helped to help themselves, recognising that prevention is better than cure
- where responsibility is shared, fairly
- where services are delivered efficiently to get value for money for the taxpayer