Council Tax Support

You may be eligible to reduce your Council Tax bill by up to 100% if you’re on a low income or claim benefits.

You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.

What you get depends on:

  • your circumstances, for example income, number of children, benefits, residency status
  • your household income - this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
  • if your children live with you
  • if other adults live with you

Council Tax Support (sometimes called Council Tax Reduction) replaced Council Tax Benefit in April 2013. 

Apply for Council Tax Support