How to use Barnet My Account
Set up your My Account
Register with My Account to receive notifications about Council Tax and other services.
My Account allows you to:
- report a problem and track its progress
- check which services are available in your local area
- register for Council Tax, check your balance and make a payment
- apply for Housing Benefits and check your payments
To set up your account we will ask you to provide this information:
- email address
Create a password
To keep your account secure you will need to create a password.
Your password must include at least 8 characters and a:
- mix of upper and lower case letters
- special character such as !"£$^&.
If your password isn't accepted, check you have included the characters.
Sign up to and add services
Sign in to your My Account and go to your dashboard to add new services.
We may ask for more information to set up notifications for services.
When you sign up to receive updates from services, your name must appear as it does on your bill.
How to use My Account for Council Tax
Sign in to My Account, go to your dashboard and add the Council Tax service.
Once you've added the service to your dashboard, you can:
- pay your Council Tax
- check your bills
- apply for a refund if you're eligible
Council Tax refunds
To apply for a refund, you will need to:
- log into My Account
- sign up to the Council Tax and Housing Benefit Service
- select the link to apply for a refund in the banner at the top of the page
Find out more about how to claim a refund
Help with your My Account
How to reset your password
If you have forgotten your password select forgot my password
You should receive an email allowing you to create a new password.
If you haven’t received an email to reset your password in 48 hours, complete the My Account Support form
Complete our online form if you are:
- unable to register
- unable to reset your password
- wanting to delete your account
If you can't access your account, you can select the option on the form to continue without registering.
When you complete the online form, we will contact you by email to help you.