The European parliamentary elections were held on Thursday 23 May 2019. This is to elect 8 MEPs to represent all 33 London Boroughs.
- European Parliamentary elections – Declaration of results for London Region (London as a whole)External link
- European Parliamentary elections – Declaration of results for Barnet (Local results) (PDF)
Deadlines for voters
- register to vote midnight, Tuesday 7 May
- apply for a postal vote, 5pm Wednesday 8 May
- apply for a proxy vote, 5pm Wednesday 15 May
Polling day Thursday 23 May, from 7am to 10pm
EU Citizens voter registration for European Parliament elections
EU citizens are not automatically registered to vote in the UK for the European elections. By default, EU citizens are set to vote in their home country (except Cyprus and Malta). EU Citizens cannot vote in the UK and in their home country
To vote in the UK for, EU Citizens need to:
- be registered to vote (i.e. on the Register of Electors)
- Have submitted the European Parliament voter registration form (PDF) - that declares that they will vote in the UK and not in their home country.
Deadline for registering and for returning a completed form was midnight on 7 May 2019.
Voting in person on polling day
check our information on:
- what to expect
- the ballot paper
- opening and closing times for polling stations
- assistance and disability support available to residents at a polling station
Apply to vote by post
You must be registered to vote before you can vote by post.
Apply for someone to vote on your behalf (proxy voting)
You must be registered to vote before you can vote by proxy.
Candidates standing for election
List of Persons and Parties Nominated and Notice of Poll (PDF) was been published on Thursday 25 April.
Information for candidates and agents can be found on the Electoral Commission website.
If you want to stand as a candidate you must contact London's Regional Returning Officer, at London Borough of Lewisham at RROLondon@lewisham.gov.uk
- Notice of election (PDF)
- List of Persons and Parties Nominated and Notice of Poll (PDF)
- Notice of Situation of Polling Places (PDF)
European election timetable
|Publication of notice of election||Monday 15 April|
|Publication of statements of persons nominated||Thursday 25 April|
|Publication of notice poll||Thursday 25 April|
|Deadline to register to vote||Tuesday 7 May|
|Receipt of postal vote applications||Wednesday 8 May, 5pm|
|Receipt of proxy vote applications||Wednesday 15 May, 5pm|
|First day to issue replacement postal votes||Friday 17 May|
|Day of election (poll)||Thursday 23 May, 7am to 10pm|
|Counting of votes||Sunday 26 May|