car clocking (vehicle mileage altering)
Received: 20 March 2019
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with the following information:
1) How many reports of car clocking (vehicle mileage altering) has your council received in the last five years - between the dates 1st January 2014 and 1st January 2019?
2) How many cases of car clocking has your council investigated in the last five years - between the dates 1st January 2014 and 1st January 2019?
3) Of those cases, how many ended in prosecution?
4) How many of those prosecutions were successful?
5) In total, how many vehicles were involved in the successfully prosecuted cases?
6) Has the council or trading standards department seized any "clocked" vehicles over the past five years and subsequently destroyed them - between the dates 1st January 2014 and 1st January 2019?
7) Does your council or Trading Standards Office register data with HPI and other mileage data services when clocked vehicles are discovered? If so, what data is registered or shared?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download