Housing Benefit Overpayments: 2013-2019
Received: 8 May 2019
My request is concerning housing benefit over payment. Between 2013 - 2019:
1. How many cases of housing benefit over payment have been discovered by the council?
2. How many of these were discovered whilst claims were still being made?
3. How many cases were discovered after claims had stopped?
4. what are the reasons for over payment?
5. In how many of these instances in the council at fault? In how many is the claimant at fault?
6. What is the highest amount of over payment made?
7. How many claimants who were over paid are paying back? if there are any not paying back what are the reasons?
8. Do all claimants who have been over paid get prosecuted? If not, what are the reasons they are not prosecuted.
9. What other actions does the council take to get back overpaid amounts?
10. Can a person still be prosecuted if they are paying amounts back?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exempt and exceeds appropriate limit) - application/pdf - Download