Armed forces recruitment and promotional activities in public spaces
Received: 23 May 2019
We are doing research into different policy approaches that local authorities take towards armed forces recruitment and promotional activity in public spaces and public events.
I would be grateful if you could provide information on the following:
1. Does the council allow promotional and recruitment activities by the armed forces in public spaces/events?
2. If yes to 1., does the council allow weapons and military vehicles to be part of these activities?
3. If yes to 1., what is the procedure for the armed forces to undertake these activities?
4. What is the council's policy on children (under 18 years old) handling military weapons in public spaces/events?
5. What policies inform the council's position on this, in relation to event licensing, safeguarding, the Armed Forces Covenant etc
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download