Outer London Pay Spine
Received: 20 June 2019
I am writing to you to request information on staff pay and conditions at Barnet Council.
1) Does the local authority use the Outer London pay spine introduced in April 2019 (see http://www.barnetunison.me.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018-19-GLPC-Circular-Special-Salary-Arrangements-for-London-2018-2020.pdf for copy of pay spine) or are local pay rates in operation?
2) If the local authority uses the Outer London pay spine are there variations, eg some spine points paid at a different rate to the Outer London scale?
3) Does the local authority have an agreement to pay employees at least the London Living Wage rate of £10.55ph?
4) For the following job roles:-
b. Teaching assistant
c. Higher level teaching assistant
d. Domiciliary care assistant
e. Refuse operative
f. Environmental health officer
g. Trading standards officer
If the Outer London pay spine is in use, what are the current minimum and maximum spine points for each job role?
If the Outer London pay spine is not in use, what are the current minimum and maximum salaries for each job role?
5. Please send a copy of council grading structure showing the minimum and maximum spine points for each grade.