Legal challenges have been made against the council by a resident
Received: 11 July 2019
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I would be interested in any information held by your organisation regarding the below:
Legal action against councils
* How many legal challenges have been made against the council by a resident, in each of the last five financial years?
* What was the reason given for each legal challenge?
* Please could you identify for each challenge, which service it was in relation to?
* Specify for each challenge whether it was won or lost by the council
* What are the estimated total legal costs of each legal challenge?
I would like the above information to be provided to me via email, preferably. Please find attached a suggested spreadsheet for the information.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could let me know as under the Act you are required to advise and assist requesters.
If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
If the release of any of this information is prohibited on the grounds of breach of confidence, I ask that you supply me with copies of the confidentiality agreement and remind you that information should not be treated as confidential if such an agreement has not been signed.
I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request. I look forward to your response within 20 working days as outlined by the statute.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (cost exceeds limit) - application/pdf - Download