Cyber Security Attacks
Received: 14 August 2019
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from London Borough of Barnet:
1. Has the council experienced an attempted cyber-attack in 2019? Please answer yes or no.
2. How many attempted cyber-attacks has the council experienced in 2019 (up to 30.06.2019), 2018 (full year) and 2017 (full year)?
3. Has the council experienced a cyber-attack in 2019 that resulted in a loss? Please answer yes or no.
4. How many cyber-attacks has the council experienced in 2019 that resulted in a loss (up to 30.06.2019), 2018 (full year) and 2017 (full year)?
5. Please state the cost to the council of the cyber-attacks that the council experienced in 2019 (up to 30.06.2019), 2018 (full year) and 2017 (full year)
6. Does the Council purchase insurance via an insurance broker? Please answer yes or no.
o If so, from who?
7. For the year 2018/19 does the Council purchase Cyber Insurance? Please answer yes or no.
o If so, what is the name of the insurer?
8. Please state the premium spend of the insurance product
9. Please state the job title and level/banding for the person who is responsible within the council for purchasing these insurance products
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (information exempt) - application/pdf - Download