Received: 22 August 2019
I am writing to request the answers to the following questions, on the subject of cycling within your borough, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1. What percentage of your borough's total road kilometres consists of fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
2. How many total kilometres of fully, hard segregated cycle routes does this equate to?
3. Since the 6th of May 2010, how much money in pounds sterling has been spent from your borough's transport budget on creating further fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
4. In relation to the above question, what percentage of your total transport spend within your borough for the named period did this constitute?
5. For the period between the 1st of April 2016 and the 31st of August 2019, how much total money in pounds sterling from your borough's transport budget has been or will be allocated to creating further fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
6. For the period mentioned in question 5, what percentage of your borough's transport budget does this constitute?
7. What percentage of road kilometres under your sole control are 20mph roads?
8. Aside from the above mentioned, what other initiatives is your borough undertaking to improve the safety of cyclists on roads under your authority?
In this instance, hard segregation means where there is a kerb separating the standard road surface from the cycleway. It does not include shared footpath and cyclepath routes where this is no separation between the footway and the cycleway. Please only include cycleways that are solely under your council's control for this figure.
Total road kilometres is the distance of standard roads that are accessible to motorised vehicles, in addition to the distance of hard-segregated cycleways as described in the above paragraph. Please only include roads and cycleways that are solely under your council's control in this calculation.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download