Modern Slavery Statement
Received: 3 September 2019
Pursuant to the Freedom of information Act 2000, I would be grateful if you could provide information relating to the following survey questions.
Under section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, relevant commercial organisations must publish an annual statement setting out the steps they are taking to prevent modern slavery in their supply chains. This statement is referred to as a Modern Slavery Statement.
The purpose of this survey is to collate data on how well UK public authorities enforce the legislation. The information will be used in an academic paper which will be shared with the Home Office to assist with its assessment of Modern Slavery in the UK.
Is your authority's supply chain checked for adherence to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
( )Not Sure
Other (please specify)[ ]
2. In the calendar year 2017, how many suppliers in your supply chain did Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 apply to?
3. In the calendar year 2018, how many suppliers in your supply chain did Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 apply to?
4. How often are due diligence checks carried out in compliance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act and by whom (job title)?
5. Which area of your supply chain do you think is particularly vulnerable to risks of modern slavery and human trafficking and what steps have you taken to manage these risks?
6. How compliant is your authority to enforcing the requirements of section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
( )Full compliance
( )Partial / some compliance
( )Not sure
( )Very little compliance
( )No compliance
7. Have there been any reports of incidents of Modern Slavery in your supply chain. If your answer is "yes" please provide details.
( )Not sure
( )Not applicable
If "Yes" provide details here:[ ]
8. How well do you think staff managing contracts on behalf of your authority are trained to spot and tackle Modern Slavery within your supply chain?
9. Name of Authority
10. Does your authority publish a Modern Slavery statement? If "Yes", please provide a link to your Modern Slavery Statement otherwise enter "Not applicable" or "Not sure".
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download