Resident Parking Permit Price increase.
Received: 25 September 2019
I discovered quite shockingly whilst renewing my resident permit today (18/09/2019) that my annual fee for parking has increased by more than double.
Last year 2018 I believe I paid £85 to park my vehicle which was based also on Barnet Council's emission scale.
Can you advise me why my permit has increased by more then 100%? It is now more than double the cost and this is unaffordable. I am not sure if this is lawful.
Under FOI can you advise on the following:
1. Was a consultation conducted on price increases for resident permit parking?
2. Why are charges based on emissions when the car is actually stationary and not moving and therefore not giving any emissions?
My car is a Euro 6 emissions standard meaning it is within acceptable EU limits in terms of harmful emissions and therefore under the London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) would not charged.
3. Did Barnet Council contact affected residents to advise of the 100% and / or significant increase in resident parking permit fees?
4. How can Barnet Council justify the payment scale on emissions? Is this lawful?
5. How can Barnet Council justify the increase in price and that is lawful?
6. Where is all this money going - streets are filthy, no street sanitation services? Then Barnet Council allow Capita to effectively steal £millions because of woeful financial governance and lack of controls?
7. If I am unsatisfied and do not want to pay this resident fee or I wish to challenge this, please provide me the names and organisations I can contact.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download