Digital Inclusion and Accessility for Council Employees
Received: 4 October 2019
I would like answers to the questions below to be provided to me via email.
1. Do you have a digital inclusion and accessibility strategy for employees?
2. What percentage of your employees have a mental or physical disability?
* 16 -20%
* 21- 25%
* Don't know
3. Do you currently deploy any assistive technologies to support accessibility and digital inclusion in the workplace?
4. Which of the following assistive technologies do you make available? (Indicate all that apply)
* Screen magnifiers (e.g. ZoomText)
* Screen readers (e.g. JAWS, NVDA)
* Speech recognition tools (e.g. Dragon)
* Coloured screen overlays/screen filters
* Closed captioning
* Live-call transcription
* Dictation tools
* Alt text on images
* Accessible templates
* We don't use any
5. Are you planning to invest in making your IT systems more accessible in the next 12 months?
6. Are there accessibility options on your website for downloadable content e.g. large print, audio screen reader, provided to citizens/site visitors?
7. If not, do you have plans to implement them in the next 12 months:
8. Have you faced technology challenges when trying to make your IT systems more accessible for employees?
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.
If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
If the release of any of this information is prohibited on the grounds of breach of confidence, I ask that you supply me with copies of the confidentiality agreement and remind you that information should not be treated as confidential if such an agreement has not been signed.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download