approved food establishment
Received: 8 October 2019
I write with a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. To assist you in directing this enquiry, it is likely to be information held by the environmental health, public health or public protection department of your authority.
The enquiry relates to applications to be listed as an approved food establishment. These are establishments approved to handle, prepare or produce products of animal origin for which requirements are laid down in EC Regulation No 853/2004. This 'listing' process is a function of the local authority, and covers a range of meat, fish and shellfish, and animal produce establishments.
I would like to know the following:
- How many applications to be listed as an approved food establishment has your authority refused since 1 January 2019?
- In the case of each refused application, what was the type(s) of product of animal origin to which the application related? (For example, fishery products, meat products, live bivalve molluscs, etc)
- In the case of each refused application, what was the nature of the activity/activities proposed at the establishment? (For example, distribution, wholesale market etc)
- In the case of each refused application, what was the stated reason for refusal?
I anticipate that the number of refusals in each local authority will be relatively small, and this information should hopefully be reasonably easy to collate. If, however, this request is too wide or unclear in any respect, please contact me.
If any of this information is already in the public domain, I would be grateful if you could direct me to it.
I would prefer to receive the information electronically, if possible.
I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
[If your authority is not responsible for this listing function, I would be grateful if you could confirm this, and let me know the relevant authority or authorities in your area.]
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download