Proposed Quietway and Friern Barnet Traffic Scheme Freedom of Information Act Request (5)
Received: 25 October 2019
This request is made under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and is submitted on behalf of Friern Barnet & Whetstone Residents' Association.
The term 'documents' used below includes documents whether in written or in electronic formats and includes reports, papers, notes, emails, letters and memoranda.
The request relates to the consultation 'Barnet Cycleway: consultation on a new walking and cycling route' of June/July 2019.
1.Please provide copies of any documents held containing any consideration or analysis of, report on, notes of or comments or discussion concerning
A. whether the implementation of the proposals to which the consultation relates would result in increased traffic congestion in Friern Barnet Lane, Woodhouse Road and Friern Barnet Road and a consequent increase in local pollution;
B. whether the implementation of the proposals , resulting in increased traffic congestion in Friern Barnet Lane, Woodhouse Road and Friern Barnet Road and a consequent increase in local pollution, would be consistent with the statutory duties of the Council, including under The Traffic Management Act 2004, which places obligations on authorities to ensure the expeditious movement of traffic on their own and other authorities' road networks and a duty to make arrangements as they consider appropriate for planning and carrying out the duty. Action which the authority may take in performing that duty includes action to avoid, eliminate or reduce road congestion.
2. Has any legal advice been taken on the specific issue of whether the implementation of the proposals as they relate to any of Friern Barnet Road, Woodhouse Road, Goldsmith Road, Friern Barnet Lane, Lewes road, Petworth Road, Buxted Road, Horsham Avenue and Friern Park would be compliant with the Council's duty under the 2004 Act to ensure the expeditious movement of traffic on the Council's own road network?
3. Please provide copies of any documents held containing such legal advice or containing any consideration or analysis of, report on, notes of or comments or discussion concerning the implementation of the proposals in the light of such legal advice.
Outcome / Documents
- Email from email@example.com received on 21/11/2019 - text/html - Download
- Email (original message) from firstname.lastname@example.org received on 20/11/2019 - message/rfc822 - Download
- Extract from minutes of meeting 29.docx - application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document - Download
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download