information regarding invasive species within the Council's borough
Received: 30 December 2019
I am getting in touch to request information regarding invasive species within the Council's borough, as provided for under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and The Aarhus Convention where relevant. By invasive species, I refer to an invasive non-native species whose introduction and/or spread threaten biological diversity or have other unforeseen impacts, as defined in DEFRA's strategy in 2015, or its equivalent, invasive alien species, as defined by the Convention on Biological Diversity. I would like to know:
* Which invasive species are present, and if possible, the abundance of each, by number of individuals or area covered, whichever is more appropriate
* The date they were first recorded as present, and the date they were eradicated (if this has occurred).
* The location of each invasive species within the borough
* Any invasive species that is predicted to arrive in the borough within the next three decades that the council has made preparations against
* The method, and cost, of eradication where this has occurred
If possible, I would like this data to be presented within an excel spreadsheet. I would appreciate if you could confirm receipt of this request, and will clarify any points that you need any more information for. Any response should be sent to this email address, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks for your response. I would like to receive information from the last 30 years if that will not be too time consuming. If that will be an issue, then I'm happy to discuss any suggestions you have for a time frame.