National Offer Day 2020
Received: 2 March 2020
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please supply the following:
1. A list of all secondary, middle and upper schools in Barnet and whether they were oversubscribed or not-oversubscribed on national offer day 2020 (1st March).
Please include each school's Unique Reference Number (URN), DFE code, and/or address/postcode to allow us to identify each relevant school without ambiguity.
We define a school to be oversubscribed if, and only if, at least one on-time applicant was refused a place and the applicant did not receive an offer from any higher preference school.
If there were no refusals to on-time applicants - even if the school was unable to accept one or more late applications or admitted over its published admission number - then we do not consider this school to be oversubscribed.
If you use a different definition of oversubscription, then please make this clear in the response.
2. The total number of places offered at each school on national offer day 2020.
Questions 3-5 apply to oversubscribed schools identified in question 1 only:
3. The number of on-time applicants refused a place, at each individual school, who were not offered a place at any higher preference school.
By this we mean the number of unsuccessful on-time applicants remaining on each school's waiting list on offer day.
4. The admission criterion under which the last successful applicant was admitted on offer day.
5. The home-to-school distance of the last successful applicant, assuming distance was used to allocate this place.
Please include measurement units and whether this is based upon a walking/driving route, straight line/as the crow flies distance or an alternative measurement system.
Please always list all schools within the Barnet Local Authority even if you are unable to provide all the requested information - simply mark the relevant values as 'Not Known'.
If any of these dates differ - please align to the relevant secondary offer/deadline dates for your local authority.
* Secondary National Offer Day - 1st March 2020.
* On-time applications ' submitted before October 31st 2019
* Late applications ' submitted after October 31st 2019
Middle deemed primary schools (if present in your authority) may align with other primary education provider dates
If you feel that more information is required to interpret your answers to these questions, then please supply this information too.
The information we collect will be used to update our findaschool service. This is a free service that provides parents with information regarding schools ' with a focus on admissions ' helping them to better understand their chances of getting a place at their preferred schools.